-
April 29th, 2001, 08:27 PM
#41
Inactive Member
And are you inferring that hip people don't read comic books? So we're all losers then, huh? Thanks Darth Fett, now I'll have to double my dose of prozac. I don't need self esteem. sniff.
May Milk and Cheese save your souls.
-
April 30th, 2001, 12:45 AM
#42
Inactive Member
Sigh. I thought people reading such fine literature would be above petty name calling. Then again, it's better than 'duck butt.' That's a SIP classic...at least you didn't sensor yourself, Darth my friend. Something SIP isn't above. Cheers.
-
April 30th, 2001, 03:24 AM
#43
Inactive Member
-
April 30th, 2001, 08:15 AM
#44
Inactive Member
Oi...i guess now we know what happens to the 13 year old gimps who pester people on message boards when they grow up. They gain a wider vocabulary, and an awfully pretentious sense of self confidence, and even less of a life. To the point where they have to return to pestering the inhabitants of message boards full of people who enjoy a certain thing whether it has flaws or not. If you dont like it, buy another book! and while your at it, find someplace else to felate your own ego!
------------------
This is his Head
-
April 30th, 2001, 05:18 PM
#45
Inactive Member
Tyler,
I don't believe I was...pestering you, was I? In fact, save two minutes ago, I didn't even know you existed. But, I guess I'll ask you to heed your own advice. If I didn't like SiP, I wouldn't read it. If you don't like my posts, don't read/respond to them. Practice what you preach my friend.
And one question: how does writing my opinion make me 'a gimp?' Will using my right to freedom of speech somehow break both of my legs and force me to utilize a wheelchair for the rest of my life?
Who is attacking who?
-
April 30th, 2001, 05:43 PM
#46
Inactive Member
I never said I was surprised at the reaction I got. However, wiping my ass with 'the stars and stripes' is no where near along the same lines as making actual, backed up criticisms about something, is it? As for the 'cock sucking' comment, it's a figure of speech! If i said 'kissing Terry's ass' it would have been no different. Never once did I attack ANYONE specifically, (if you see the 'cock sucking comment' as an insult, I'm not so sure Terry would) nor did I wipe my ass with your proverbial 'stars and stripes' (how can I do so if I read it?). You're looking for ways to diffuse an argument that you don't agree with because it's offensive to you. But, like I said, I posted what I did with full knowledge of what reaction it would receive.
-
April 30th, 2001, 07:10 PM
#47
Inactive Member
Dear Critic,
I am pretty new to these boards and I just wanted to say a few things...
First off, I applaude you for wanting to speak your mind, there is nothing wrong with that. But there might be a problem with the way you are stating it.
I think, for the most part, we are all intelligent people and it's pretty well known that we don't need to use foul language to get our points across. I am not saying that intelligent people don't use this type of language, I'm just saying that it doesn't need to be put in type. It is somewhat offensive and it would be proper to try to express yourself in a more appropriate manner.
Does anyone disagree with me.
(please pardon any spelling or grammer mistakes...I'm trying to type with a crying 4 month old on my shoulder! 
Truly yours,
------------------
"...Tell me the meaning of love
From the notes that I've made so far
Love seems something like wanting a scar
But I could be wrong, I'm just not sure you see,
I've never been in love before..."
The Meaning of Love
by: Depeche Mode
-
April 30th, 2001, 07:42 PM
#48
Inactive Member
Dear Critic,
I'm pretty new to these boards and I'm still not entirely sure of the rules and regs. but I felt the need to say something.
I applaud you for your courage to speak your mind. It is everyones right to be able to do so and no one is making the suggestion that you do otherwise. BUT I do think most of us feel that your choice of word leave a bit to be desired...
We are all, for the most part anyway
, intelligent people and a majority of us were raised with the knowledge that if you use foul language to express your opinions it's usually because you can't express yourself any better than that.
From what I have read I don't take you for a person who can't express themself properly. Please continue to express your thoughts and feelings while you are here but maybe it would be better if you expressed them in a more appropriate manner...
Does anyone disagree?
Truly yours,
------------------
"...Tell me the meaning of love
From the notes that I've made so far
Love seems something like wanting a scar
But I could be wrong, I'm just not sure you see,
I've never been in love before..."
The Meaning of Love
by: Depeche Mode
-
April 30th, 2001, 07:45 PM
#49
Inactive Member
Dear Critic,
I'm pretty new to these boards and I'm still not entirely sure of the rules and regs. but I felt the need to say something.
I applaud you for your courage to speak your mind. It is everyones right to be able to do so and no one is making the suggestion that you do otherwise. BUT I do think most of us feel that your choice of word leave a bit to be desired...
We are all, for the most part anyway
, intelligent people and a majority of us were raised with the knowledge that if you use foul language to express your opinions it's usually because you can't express yourself any better than that.
From what I have read I don't take you for a person who can't express themself properly. Please continue to express your thoughts and feelings while you are here but maybe it would be better if you expressed them in a more appropriate manner...
Does anyone disagree?
Truly yours,
------------------
"...Tell me the meaning of love
From the notes that I've made so far
Love seems something like wanting a scar
But I could be wrong, I'm just not sure you see,
I've never been in love before..."
The Meaning of Love
by: Depeche Mode
-
April 30th, 2001, 07:49 PM
#50
Inactive Member
Dear Critic,
I'm pretty new to these boards and I'm still not entirely sure of the rules and regs. but I felt the need to say something.
I applaud you for your courage to speak your mind. It is everyones right to be able to do so and no one is making the suggestion that you do otherwise. BUT I do think most of us feel that your choice of word leave a bit to be desired...
We are all, for the most part anyway
, intelligent people and a majority of us were raised with the knowledge that if you use foul language to express your opinions it's usually because you can't express yourself any better than that.
From what I have read I don't take you for a person who can't express themself properly. Please continue to express your thoughts and feelings while you are here but maybe it would be better if you expressed them in a more appropriate manner...
Does anyone disagree?
Truly yours,
------------------
"...Tell me the meaning of love
From the notes that I've made so far
Love seems something like wanting a scar
But I could be wrong, I'm just not sure you see,
I've never been in love before..."
The Meaning of Love
by: Depeche Mode
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks